Sunshine Dental Group offers several highly effective dental implant procedures in Melbourne. Read on and watch the video segment to learn how dental implants can help you achieve a healthy mouth and an attractive smile.
For over 40 years, dental implants have been used successfully in millions of people worldwide who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, trauma or injury, or any other reason. Dental Implants are one of the most predictable and conservative ways of replacing missing teeth with the best long term success.
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a strong and small titanium screw which is placed into prepared sites in the jawbone, replacing your missing tooth root. After a short healing period, the bone grows onto the surface of the implant ( a process known as osseo-integration) so it can anchor a replacement tooth(crown) securely to the implant.
What are the benefits of dental implants?
- Dental implants look, feel and function just like natural teeth.
- Dental implants prevent the need to sacrifice healthy tooth structure from adjacent teeth as is required for a traditional bridge. There is no need to grind down adjacent healthy teeth.
- Dental implants allow you to eat and speak with comfort and confidence. Not having to cover up holes in your smile with your hand or ensuring dentures don’t slip or loosen when laughing. Smiling and laughing are for the good times and should be enjoyed with confidence.
- Time-tested results: for over 40 years, dental implants have been used successfully in millions of people worldwide as a treatment option for missing teeth. Success rates are extremely high and thirty year studies report that with the right oral and general health, 95% success rates are achievable.
What is involved in the implant dentistry?
- A thorough examination: During this FREE initial consultation, the dentist will perform a thorough dental examination, take photographs and x-rays of your dentition and discuss the treatment options. You will be asked to have a bone scan of the relevant jaw bone prior to your second visit.
- Inserting the dental implant: The dental implant is placed into the jawbone. This is performed under local anaesthetics at our surgery. Instructions for postoperative care are given. Healing time depends on bone quantity, quality and the clinical situation.
- Attaching the abutment: Once the implant has become osseo-integrated, it is uncovered and an abutment attached to it.
- Fitting the crown: Your new artificial tooth (crown) is attached to the dental implant.The questions are:
What can you do about it? What are your options? What if I don’t do anything?
Dental implants are a proven solution for people in good overall oral and systemic health who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, trauma or injury, or any other reason.
Dental Implants are one of the most predictable and conservative ways of replacing missing teeth with the best long term success.
Implants are basically artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jaw bone and are used to support the teeth/crowns.
Dental Implants look, feel and function like natural teeth and can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for.
Dental implants are available in several different forms. The most common dental implants are called “root form implants”.
Root form implants are similar to teeth in that they mimic roots of teeth.
The implants are placed under the skin and into the bone at the first surgical appointment. This surgical appointment is performed in the dental practice under local anesthetics with or with out oral sedation. The dental implants are allowed to heal for a period of two (2) to six (6) months.
After this healing time the implants are exposed at a brief second surgical appointment prior to placing a post inside. The post becomes the extension to which a crown is attached. The total process tends to take a period of four (4) to seven (7) months.
Dental implants utilize small anchors made of a biocompatible metal called titanium, which are placed in the jawbone. Titanium does not decay and does not need root canal therapy. The anchors become securely embedded in the jaw as the bone grows around them over the first few months. Abutment posts are inserted into the anchors and carefully crafted replacement teeth are permanently attached to the posts, providing the recipient with natural looking and feeling teeth.
Why not contact Sunshine Dental Group for further information on dental implants in Melbourne and to book an appointment to see our implant dentist?
Want to learn more about dental implants in Melbourne
Sunshine Dental Group is a full service dental group that provides dental implant services in Melbourne. We have extremely high standards of both dentists and facilities, combined with affordable prices, makes us an easy choice when you are seeking dental implants Melbourne.