Mini Implant Dentist Melbourne – Sunshine Dental Group
Mini implant offers patients an alternative to the more invasive placement of dental implants.
The Mini-implant procedure is usually a quick and easy one-appointment procedure. The miniature implants mimic your natural tooth root and can be used to stablise a removable denture or as a foundation for a fixed implant supported bridge. A fixed implant supported bridge can be used to replace any number of teeth so it can replace a partial or full denture with solid natural feeling teeth.
Mini implant surgery is minimally invasive, performed in our office usually under a local anesthesia, and requires no stitches or long healing times. They are designed to function immediately because of the self tapping action. The implants are placed in the jawbone with the head protruding above the gum-line and provide a solid foundation. Mini implant systems have proven to be durable and long lasting. The longevity of Mini implants are comparable and in many cases exceeding conventional dental implants.
If used to stablise a denture, the denture when seated will rest comfortably on your gum tissue with virtually no movement and enable you to talk with confidence and eat with ease. Your denture will feel totally secure.
The advantages of mini dental implants include:
- A Mini Implant is around 50% of the cost of a Conventional Implant. To replace multiple missing teeth the cost per tooth can be further reduced.
- Mini implants are typically inserted directly through the gum tissue and into the underlying bone. There is no need to make a surgical incision into the gum, resulting in much less post surgery discomfort.
- Mini implants can be placed with less available bone. We can place Mini implants without a bone graft most of the time, even if you have been told you need one.
- Mini implants are not only constructed of titanium like conventional implants, but a blend of other metals, resulting in one of the strongest materials available. Mini implants are noticeably smaller and stronger than conventional dental implants
- Lower jaw denture stabilisation implant cost approx $6,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Upper jaw denture stabilisation implant cost approx $9,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Excellent success rates