Missing a single tooth or few? or just wanting that denture stabilised?
Mini implants offer patients in Melbourne an alternative to the more invasive placement of dental implants (See the history of Mini Implants).
Mini Dental Implants Procedure
The mini implant procedure is usually a quick and easy one-appointment procedure. The miniature implants mimic your natural tooth root and can be used to stabilise a removable false tooth (pontic) or as a foundation for a fixed implant supported bridge. A fixed implant supported bridge can be used to replace any number of teeth, so it can treat partial or full edentulism with solid, natural-feeling teeth. Mini implant surgery is minimally invasive, performed in our office usually under a local anaesthesia, and requires no stitches or long healing times.
They are designed to function immediately because they replicate the physical bone structure of real teeth. The implants are placed in the jawbone with the head protruding above the gum-line and provide a solid foundation. Mini implant systems have proven to be durable and long lasting. The longevity of Mini implants are comparable to conventional dental implants, at times even lasting longer than regular implants. If used to stabilise a full 12-tooth bridge, the bridge will be seated on the implants and will rest comfortably on your gum tissue with no movement and enable you to talk with confidence and eat with ease.
Mini Dental Implants Cost
- Mini implants generally only cost half the price of conventional implants. To replace multiple missing teeth, the cost per tooth can be further reduced.
- Mini implants are typically inserted directly through the gum tissue and into the underlying bone. There is no need to make a surgical incision into the gum, resulting in much less healing time post-surgery.
- Mini implants can be placed with less available bone structure. We can place mini implants without a bone graft most of the time, even if you have been told you need one for conventional implants.
- Mini implants are not only constructed of titanium like conventional implants, but a blend of other metals, resulting in one of the strongest materials available. Mini implants are noticeably smaller and stronger than conventional dental implants.
- Lower denture implant cost approx. $6,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Upper denture implant cost approx. $9,000 (plus new denture or denture modification)
- Excellent success rates